Monday, September 17, 2012

Kitchen Plan Updates - 8/28/12



1)      Pantry has been widened – this will increase your storage 2x.  There will be a lot to massage here and I expect working with the cabinet maker through the shop drawing phase will allow us to tune the design to maximize storage both for the pantry and the TV cabinet. 
2)      Kitchen vent is now behind a panel above the upper cabinet on the cooktop wall. 
3)      TV Room ceiling has been raised.  There is a soffit above the TV cabinet to hide the pipe but overall the ceiling is as high as we can make it. 
4)      Screen next to stair has been eliminated.  I am still showing a low wall here as I think this will be easier than building open tread stairs and will not impact light into the room.  I have also wrapped some paneling around the wall in this sitting room to make it feel cozier and to pick up the paneling in the TV cabinet. 
5)      Small pilaster added near stair for plumbing chase for laundry sink.
6)      A small closet was added to left of dining room doors. 
7)      Microwave flipped to be on cooktop side of island.
8)      Middle stile between ref and freezer has been removed.  Cabinet to left of cooktop widened 2”. 
9)      Bar cabinet widened to keep the elevation balanced. More storage. 
10)   Ref drawers added to bar area. 
11)   Cereal cabinet added to right of double ovens.

No comments:

Post a Comment