Saturday, August 4, 2012

Meeting Notes - Clancy


Meeting Notes from architect meeting.
Attendees: Peter Millington, JB Clancy.  Peter Stames absent.

  1. Revised Mudroom:  This is the biggest change.  We have returned most of the elements around the mudroom back to how they exist.  So no new exterior doors, windows, floor framing, etc.  The only change will be a cabinet above the stair to the basement.  It looks like we could have a 3’ plus deep cabinet about 4’ wide and still have headroom to the basement.
  2.  Island:  Has been reduced to 12’ in length.  Also attached are some inspirational images for the island/table.  This shows a marble top but we have talked about a wood top.  This is the large work table in the Breakers down in Newport. 
  3. Structural:  I spoke to Helene.  It looks like steel beams will be required for both openings.  They will fit in the sizes I have shown on the interior elevations. 
  4. Ceiling Heights:  I sent these to you earlier but will need one final confirmation once the framing drawings are done.
  5.  Kitchen Beams:  Will be stained Oak to match entry beams. 
  6. Cabinets:  Will be painted.
  7. Flooring:  Will match the rest of the house including the borders. 
  8. Cooktop:  now 48” wide. 
  9. Freezer: now 30” wide instead of 24”.  Cabinets would be reduced to reflect the new sizes. 
  10. Opening in garage: is now been reduced to 4’ which is I think the size you had initially recommended.  If it is not we will stick with your original size. 
  11. Microwave:  I am suggesting the Wolf combo convection microwave oven but still need to confirm this with Pete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment